Located at 1699 Iowa Street, in the heart of historic downtown Dubuque, our building is both traditional and contemporary, and reflects our commitment to the inclusion of people of all ages, abilities, and mobilities. The historic church was built in 1885, and the Fellowship purchased the building and adjacent Emerson House in 2004.
The main entrance to the sanctuary is accessible on the west side of the building. The access to the Emerson House is also along Iowa Street.
Street parking is readily available. For those who need accessible parking, there are two spaces by the Emerson House and two spaces by the Presbyterian Church, on Iowa Street. You may also use the alley as a drop-off/pick-up point.
Rental of Our Building
Our building is available for use by organizations which work towards the betterment of our community and the world at large. Please contact us if you feel our facility may be of use.
The fire marshal indicates the capacity for the rooms available are:
- Sanctuary – 65
- Basement (which contains a kitchen)
- without chairs – 114
- with chairs – 53
- Daycare room – 6
We welcome and affirm people of all abilities. We have taken the following steps to assure that no one is excluded for full participation in the life of our Fellowship. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us for further information.
- Mobility: Our sanctuary is fully accessible to those using wheelchairs or having limited mobility. The restrooms are fully accessible as well.
- Hearing: We have wire loop technology connected to our PA system. During all church meeting and workshops, anyone wishing to speak from the audience is strongly encouraged to use the portable microphones so those who are hard of hearing are not excluded.
- Chemical Sensitivity: We ask that everyone refrain from wearing perfume or scented lotions to be considerate of people’s sensitivities.
- Special Needs Children: If you want your child to participate in the religious education program and feel that they may require special accommodation due to learning disabilities or behavioral issues, please contact us in advance so the best possible arrangements can be made.
- Service Animals: Service animals are welcome at our worship services. We have grassy areas where service animals may relieve themselves.