We worked hard to raise funds to cover the $1.5 million of project costs – and we are thrilled to let you know that has happened!
Here is a timeline of major events from 2021:
- Aug 2020 – Feb 2021: 2:1 Challenge Match Offer. A benefactor has made an extraordinary Challenge Match Offer: Every $1 we raise by February 20 will be matched with $2!
- Sept – Nov 2020: Faithify fundraising campaign raised over our goal of $3,500, plus a 10% match from the MidAmerica Chalice Lighters Grant. With the matches, this project netted us nearly $12,000.
- Nov 2020 – Feb 2021: Fundraising brochures mailed to over 200 potential donors. See page by page layout (PDF) and brochure layout (PDF). 175 supporters have invested in the project – that includes nearly every UUFD member and friend, along with community members and others connected to the Fellowship through you and your networks.
- May 2021: Confirmed donations & pledges raised – $253,824
- July 2021: Awarded $30,000 Historic Resource Development Program grant from Iowa Department of Cultural Affairs, for window restoration.
- August 2021: Received 2:1 matching funds for donations/pledges, HRDP grant, estimated State Historic Tax Credits.
- September 2021: Notified of State Historic Tax Credit Part 2 approval.
- October 2021: Started construction – and awarded $35,000 Façade Grants from the City of Dubuque, for planning, financials, exterior work.
- November: Held groundbreaking celebration. See Progress Updates to watch the project unfold!
It’s not too late to give – whatever gifts and pledges we receive now means we’ll have less to borrow, and more funds for renovation.
Levels of Giving
Pledges and donations of any amount are welcome!
- $20,000: Partner
- $10,000: Builder
- $5,000: Provider
- $1,000: Sustainer
- $500: Supporter
- $250: Contributor
- $100: Patron
- <$100: Friend
How to give
- Pledges and checks – Complete and sign this PDF form and email to UUFDtreasurer@gmail.com.
- Online payments made via PayPal using “Donate” button below (PayPal account not required).
Questions? Contact Marian Maciej-Hiner, UUFD Board President, (608-642-1717) or email@example.com.
UU Fellowship of Dubuque is a non-profit religious organization. All gifts are tax deductible as provided by law.
Check with your tax advisor to learn about the tax advantages of sending donations directly from your IRA to UUFD.